HOW KORA CHILD CARE CENTRE IS HANDLING COVID – 19
In this time of uncertainty and change, the health and safety of our children, families and staff remains a high priority.
In this respect, we have drawn up an Epidemic/Pandemic Policy and Action Plan.
Our COVID-19 Health and safety plan
Note: A child with cough, cold or fever cannot attend the centre.
Arrival and departure procedures:
- Drop off your child at the door.
- Contact less sign in and sign out.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Hand sanitiser available for parents, staff, children and visitors.
- Gloves worn during food preparation, food serving, nappy changing, etc.
- Observe social distancing between team members.
- Observe social distancing between team members and visitors.
- Observe regular hand sanitising.
- High traffic and touch areas cleaned at intervals.
- Daily cleaning of toys, surfaces and immediate cleaning of resources that have come in contact with child’s mouth.
- Bedding e.g. blankets, pillows never to be shared between children.
Supervision and Environment Planning:
- Team members to remain in designated rooms.
- Limited number of children in rooms where possible.
- No self – service at meal times.
- Sanitising hands upon entry and departure.
- Strict hand washing and use of gloves procedures.